Friday, January 2, 2015

Re-ment Osechi

Dear Readers,

I hope you are all enjoying your New Year celebrations!  I am already back to work today but I did have the time to set up a photo to show the new Osechi Set from Re-ment.  My Sylvanian Families Rabbits have eagerly accepted to model in their best attire ^_^


Osechi are the traditional New Year food in Japan. Osechi are presented in special boxes called jūbako (重箱), which resemble bento boxes.  They include food that have a special meaning for the New Year. 

The Osechi boxes shown above come from the newly released "March Comes in Like a Lion - Kawamoto Family Dinner".  You can read a very good and complete Review of the Full Set written by Buzz Wuzzington III Esq on the Re-ment Addict Pool on Flickr

As soon as I saw the promo photos for that collection, I decided to pre-order the full set.  There are a few webshops that allow pre-ordering but I usually get mine from AmiAmi.com.  It was much cheaper that way than to buy on Ebay (especially with the Yen been so low recently!).  I paid between $35 to $40 for almost all my full Re-ment sets thanks to pre-ordering instead of waiting for them to be sold on Ebay or Amazon.

But of course, pre-ordering means you take a risk because at that point, there are no real pictures of the miniature yet and you have to trust the promotion pictures!  So far, I have happy with all my purchases.

I will eventually take a picture of the complete set for you to see but it will have to wait for another day because today I have to be back in the office!

I wish everybody a wonderful weekend!


Disclaimer: All opinions are my own. I was not paid or received gifts to write this or mention any store or website. You may find a better store in your area.

14 comments:

  1. Aw, what a lovely set! It is so detailed! I'm willing to bet the Chocolate rabbits enjoyed it very much :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really like this miniature set too!

      Delete
  2. These clothes are very cute! And I'm glad you like your new set, it looks great!!
    Have a nice weekend!
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hannah! The rabbits were purchased from England! I really wanted the kimono :)

      Delete
  3. What a gorgeous set! It really is so detailed and looks so realistic :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kyra! It is really well made and I love how each piece can be removed from the bento box!

      Delete
  4. Adorable and so realistic! I love Japanese food. And those Chocolate rabbits are too cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't like the Chocolate Rabbits so much back then but now I really love them!

      Delete
  5. Ta photo est magnifique et tes petits lapins aussi, j'aime beaucoup ce re-ment!
    Bon courage pour le travail!
    Bisous
    Agnès

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Agnès! C'est un joli set qui me faisait envie alors je n'ai pu m'empêcher de l'acheter dès que je l'ai vu!

      Delete
  6. You got the Osechi Set! It looks great with the kimono rabbits! I remember the kimono rabbits are from SF 25th anniversary products? I haven't opened them yet. And I didn't buy the the Osechi Set so I am still considering ordering them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the Rabbits are from the 25th anniversary set. I bought it from England. The osechi set is really beautiful. The complete collection is however not so great. I will eventually write a blog post about it. It was not a total letdown but I was disappointed in the quality of some pieces.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful scene, Jane Cherie! I love Re-Ment, and your rabbits look so cute! xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer! The Re-ment always make a good photoshoot! And the rabbits are really adorable with their mini kimono and hakama!

      Delete