Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Sylvanian Families Grandparent Rabbits

Dear Readers,

First, I would like to say a big thank you for all your kind comments and comforting emails.  They warmed my heart and made me think a lot about how wonderful life can be and the power of friendship and love :)

I am slowly getting back into writing on my blog again because it is something that makes me happy and I know that the connections I have with people in the blogging world have made me a better person.  I learn new things everyday thanks to you! ♥

My sweet friend Ohana from GoGoGoHawaii sent me this fantastic couple of Sylvanian Families Grandparent Rabbits.  They are only available in Japan so I would never have been able to get them without her help!  Thank you Ohana!!! ♥

Don't you think they look cute!  I really like the grandpa's moustache ^_^

I like my kids to have toys that remind them of their elders so I totally had to get the Sylvanian grandparent figures. I didn't take them out of the box because my daughter is still too young to play with them. The last time one of my critters got into her hands, it lost a few whiskers.  So I'll wait for her to be a little older to be able to play with them without causing too much damages.

Here below is a picture of what they would look like outside the box.

The grandpa has a navy uniform, probably because he is the captain of a ship.  After looking on the Japanese Amazon website, I found the ship in question.




Here below is the ship right next to the Seaside Restaurant!

Don't you just love the Sylvanian Families toys?  I sure hope these new sets will be available in the Calico Critters line!  I already have the Canal Boat so I shouldn't ask for too much but another boat would be awesome!


22 comments:

  1. That mustache is just too much! Everything is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never seen one of them with a mustache so this is awesome!

      Delete
  2. ces petits personnages sont adorables !
    Souvenirs : ma fille a le même genre , familles de lapins, ours, souris, taupes avec divers accessoires, mais Ils dorment dans le grenier car elle a 40 ans maintenant ;-)
    Gros bisous. Joce-rosethé

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ce sont de merveilleux jouets pour les petits! Votre fille doit avoir eu une belle enfance :)

      Delete
  3. Congrats to this beautiful and totally cute set! The mustache is so adorable :). I think this is best version of the Chocolate Rabbit grandparents.
    Many greetings,
    Kyra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too Kyra. There are so many chocolate rabbits but I am glad they came up with this version.

      Delete
  4. The sets are so elaborate! The clothing and accessories are always wonderful on these dolls, that captains uniform is just fantastic!

    I hope things are getting better at home and the sorrow is turning to joy ;)
    ~J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane :) We are living day to day and hoping for good things!

      Delete
  5. Hello from Spain: I really like the boat. Sylvanian Families is very cute. I am happy to read that you're better. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I adore the boat! It's way too expensive though and the shipping fee from Japan would be totally off the roof!

      Delete
  6. Hi Jane,
    It's great that you are posting again. I always look forward to seeing what dolls/characters you have to show us. I love the rabbits. The glasses are just adorable and make them look more like grandparents. Especially since rabbits don't get wrinkles...lol.
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa! Now that you mentioned wrinkles... I think I have never seen them on those critters but some of the grandparents dolls do show them! Oh well, the rabbits are aged appropriately with the glasses though.

      Delete
  7. oh my gosh oh my gosh! never even knew grandparents were available! these are so darling! love the grandpa!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't he super cute? I think it's my favorite grandparents so far. I have 3 others :) I have to make a group photo one day!

      Delete
  8. Hi Jane, I missed your posts--so glad to have you back! The grandparents are awfully cute. The Japanese SF are so nice. Wouldn't it be great if more of them could be bought here at a reasonable price? xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer! Oh it would be great if International Plaything would market the Japanese items here!!!! It would also save us money on international shipping cost!

      Delete
  9. Hi Jane, glad to find your blog too. Congrats to this wonderful grandpa/ma sets. I think this is the first time for critters having mustache. They just look too cute. Since I like chocolate rabbit family a lot I am thinking to get them. The boat looks cool too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oh they are so adorable. You really have to get them!

      Delete
  10. I really like that moustache too =)
    I had some Sylvanians when I was a kid, they are really cute! (Still have them some were in a box, waiting for my daughter, she has 2 of them already) I'm glad there are grandparents now too, hope to see some in Sweden too, I might have to buy some for my daughter when she is a bit older =)
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The grandparents figures I bought were always from either the UK or Japan. I too hope to see them in my country! It would make it less expensive to buy!

      Delete
  11. what are there names

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question! The original chocolate rabbit grandparents are named Rhys and Patricia. I don't know the names for these grandparents because they are the version from Epoch Japan. I will ask my friend and update this post once I know!

      Delete