Saturday, October 23, 2021

A Witch Dollhouse

 Dear Readers,

Are you ready for Halloween?  I have costumes ready for the children and I have bags full of candies for the trick-or-treaters!  I also decorated one of my dollhouse for Halloween.  Do you remember Althea? She is a Sweet Spell Scarlet Petite Blythe doll for which I didn't have a dollhouse yet.  So this year, I decided to give her a house. 

I rummaged through my storage to find the Bear Store from Maple Town and paired it with furniture from Calico Critters (aka Sylvanian Families).  I used to watch Maple Town Japanese cartoons (Les Petits Malins pour les Francophones - merci à Mes Vladeries pour me rappeler le titre en Français!) when I was little and there were many dollhouses with furniture and figures back in the days.  They are about the same size as Calico Critters but the brand discontinued.   


The miniatures are from Re-ment Witch's House collection which was released in April 2021.  There are so many beautiful items in this collection!

Photo from Re-ment

Here is Althea showing you her new home.  She is wearing her original outfit which consists of a dress, apron, cat ears and tail and she also has a broom and hat which are not showing in my pictures.  She wears a collar with a little bell that does jingle faintly when you shake it.


The dollhouse is just the perfect height for her and has plenty of room to display all her books and tools to brew potions.  I use the tree trunk tables from the old school set by Calico Critters Epoch.


For the bedroom, the burgundy and brown bed and dining set from Calico Critters were just perfect for a witch house.  I especially like the bedding which also had a pillow in the same color palette.


Althea can finally have a very cozy house!  Her pet cat and owl will be keeping watch while she sleep!

Do you like Althea's house?  Do you remember the Maple Town cartoons?  I am so happy I kept this dollhouse although it was so old.  


Disclaimer: All opinions are my own. I was not paid nor received gifts to write this or mention any store or website.  


12 comments:

  1. Merci ma belle pour ton commentaire! Oui en effet, Althea me rappelle Capucine! Ici les gens font vraiment des trucs extra pour cette fête! J'ai même vu des sacs de nourriture pour chiens pour ceux qui amène leurs chiens avec eux lors des visites.

    Sophie sera une petite sorcière avec un costume d'élève de Hogwarts cette année! C'est un thème amusant pour décorer aussi ! Je voulais reconstruire une salle de classe mais on a opté pour une maisonnette cette année.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The house is perfect for Althea. Very nicely decorated for Halloween.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cette maison est une vrai merveille, j'adore tous les détails. Les re-ment sont tellement jolis, J'ai réussi à ne pas craquer sur des re-ment pour le moment, mais quand je vois les tiens, ça me donne envie de changer d'avis lol ;)

    Je me souviens un peu du dessin animé dont tu parles Maple Town, en français il s'appelait Les petits malins. Je me souviens surtout du générique, qu'on chantait pendant la récréation avec des amis ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci ma belle pour ton commentaire! Oui c'est en effet Les Petits Malins! Et j'adorais le générique que je chantais à tue-tête LOL Que de beaux souvenirs!

      Delete
  4. How gorgeous, Jane! You have excellent taste, everything matches and I get a posh Victorian vibe. I love those rement miniatures, how cute! Althea is beautiful and her own friend is lovely too! Absolutely amazing 👏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment! I got a strong Victorian vibe from those Sylvanian furniture too! I wished I had a Victorian Mansion to decorate but I think there isn't any on the market now!

      Delete
    2. This isn't very Victorian, but for Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families, there's Stella's Elegant Town Manor. The walls are lavender/pale purple and there are fancy accents. A smaller version would be Stella's Design Studio. The walls are a slightly different color, but it seems Victorian. Completed with a fainting couch and Stella herself, it's lovely.. I don’t have the set, but if you'd like to see it for yourself, try the Design Studio.

      Sending some early holiday wishes,
      Posh Pear

      Delete
  5. Althea est vraiment toute mignonne. J'aime beaucoup cette collection de re-ment!!! Elle est superbe. Je ne connaissais pas du tout et c'est une jolie découverte!! Quel joli intérieur de maison! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci pour ton gentil commentaire! Re-ment a parfois des collections tout à fait amusantes et hors normes!

      Delete
  6. Bonjour,

    votre maison de sorcière est tout simplement fabuleuse ! Que de détails !

    Je profite de ma visite pour vous souhaitez de bonnes fêtes de fins d'année. ♥

    ps : la poupée est très mignonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci pour votre commentaire! Je vous souhaite également un joyeux Noël et une bonne année!!!

      Delete