Monday, September 7, 2015

Loft to Love

Dear Readers,

How was your weekend?  I had a day off on Monday because it was Labor day!  I met with my relatives for lunch and then I stopped at Target to buy a few things (you can't go to Target without buying something...) and then I saw this fantastic dollhouse!

It's called the Loft To Love or the Lori Dollhouse made by OG.  It's intended for 6 inch (15.24 cm) dolls and include a kitchen set and working lights in the kitchen.  To learn more about this dollhouse and the Lori dolls, you can go to LoriDolls.com (however, the website does not seem to be working yet).

The dollhouse does not come with any dolls or other pieces of furniture.  The pricing is as follows:

Dollhouse: $49.99
Each furniture sets: $12.99
Each doll: $9.99
Each doll outfit: $6.99

I only bought the dollhouse and one set of furniture.  I will explain why later.

The dollhouse itself has a very modern design.  Two floors plus a rooftop patio.  It seems made of medium-density fibreboard (MDF) (I don't know for sure, I am just guessing) with wallpapers on the outside.  I think the wallpaper would get damaged easily it it gets wet but it is sturdy enough for children to play with.


I love how it comes with a kitchen!  All the appliances are completely removable and all drawers do open.  The ceiling has two lamps that work with batteries.

I have always been looking for a dollhouse that would fit my Strawberry Shortcake dolls!  She looks a little small for that kitchen though.

Here below is a photo of other dolls for size comparison.  It think the Chelsea and Picco Neemo dolls are the right size for this dollhouse.

The dollhouse comes with a catalog with a few pictures of the furniture sets and dolls.

I didn't really like the furniture sets except for the desk set and the patio set (which I will try to find tomorrow).   The living room furniture were very simple and I didn't really like the colors.  And I already had a bed set that could fit for this dollhouse so I only bought the desk set.




Chelsea is perfectly to scale with this dollhouse and the furniture.

Here below are some views from outside the house to show you how it looks. 




I like this dollhouse very much because it is sturdy and the design is really modern!  The stairs are a big hit with the children!

I didn't buy the dolls because I already had other dolls at home that would fit this dollhouse but they seem very nice and well made!  The extra outfits (sold separately for $6.99) is a nice touch! 

There were also a ballet studio and a trailer van made by the came company but I didn't get them.  It was however very tempting because it looked so beautiful!  I think this new line of dolls will become very successful and I hope they come up with more sets in the future!




Disclaimer: All opinions are my own. I was not paid or received gifts to write this or mention any store or website.  

12 comments:

  1. Bonjour Jane,
    j'aime beaucoup ce petit loft ! C'est un bon achat !
    Bises. Joce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonjour Joce! Oui en effet, je suis fort contente de l'avoir trouvé!

      Delete
  2. That's really an interesting house! I never saw such design at a dollhouse - just im my neighbourhood :D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a house near my place that looks just like this dollhouse! Very modern with huge windows everywhere!

      Delete
  3. Elle est superbe cette maison de poupée ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci! Elle est vraiment très pratique aussi pour les poupées de petite taille!

      Delete
  4. The house looks very modern, I like the exterior wallpaper :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They chose well for the exterior wallpaper It looks very realistic!

      Delete
  5. What a gorgeous house! What a great find! I wish it came in Pullip size! ^_^ I love both the exterior and the interior--wow! xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me too! All the Barbie dollhouses are rather on the small size for Pullip dolls!

      Delete
  6. Great house, I'd love to have one too =) Never seen it before (only on your Instagram ;) ) so it was nice to read your review. =) The day I get rich I'll go to USA with an empty suitcase and fill it with dolls and toys, you have so much fun over there... =)
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish Mattel woul make something like this for Barbie...so over all the pink.

    ReplyDelete