Thursday, December 29, 2022

Organize Your Life with Planners

 Dear Readers,

We will start a new year in a few days and it's time to get a new planner!  I love planners and I wanted to show you the ones I used.  I meant to post this article in the summer but I had to change my plans many times because of people getting sick around me, at home or at the office.  At times, I felt overwhelmed by bouts of illness but had to quickly get back on my feet because my family depends on me and I can't take days off from work without affecting the office.

My fixed schedule was constantly interrupted and I had to postpone or cancel many plans.  The changing circumstances around me forced me to find new ways to juggle my time.

I knew it was time for me to re-evaluate my planning system.  I know many people don't ever want to use a planner and they seem to live fine without it (I don't know how they do it!) but I am not one of those people.  I need a planner to not forget appointments, deadlines, birthdays, events, meetings, etc.  I also use my planner to work toward my personal goals as well.   

There are many planner systems and people should choose a system that suits their needs and lifestyle!  So what I will show you in this blog post may not be something that works best for you but it could give you some ideas!

I have used different types of planners since elemenary school years.  I started with a tiny lined notebook, then I upgraded to a small 3-ring binder, then a full-size binder, the bullet journal, and then I got hooked to the Traveler's Notebook system.

I love how easy it is to use a Traveler's Notebook but with increasing projects in my life, I needed more than just one planner and I needed more writing space too.

So I use different planners depending on the areas where I need the most organization:

  • Events, billing, appointments
  • Work, tasks, deadlines
  • Health, workout, diet
  • Gratitude Journal
  • Family Photos
  • Meal Planning

I prefer dated journals when I know I will write something daily so I don't have to spend too much time on adding dates.   

For my photo journal, I don't use dates at all because I won't print pictures everyday.  If you are the type of person to print photos everyday, then a daily dated journal would probably work best for you!

I'll show you today the planner I use for work : The Classic Happy Planner Twin Loop, which is a wire-bound planner with a vertical layout from Michael's Craft Store.

It has a hard cover and it stays on my desk at the office.


You can see the whole year in one spread.



There is a monthly vertical layout.


It also has a monthly section where I can see the whole month in one spread.


At the endof each month there is a recap page.


I like how each month tab has a beautiful art cover.


The weekly spread is where I write most of entries.  It has a margin on the left to write a weekly list or follow-ups.


I wanted to show you my other journals too but that would be for another day!  I hope you will find the planner type that suits you the best!

I wish you all a Happy New Year and good luck with any resolutions or goals you may have!


Disclaimer: All opinions are my own. I was not paid nor received gifts to write this or mention any store or website.  


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for these very good ideas.
    Happy Holidays,
    Drora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too Drora! I hope you have a wonderful time during these holidays!

      Delete