Wednesday, December 13, 2023

The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady

 Dear Readers,

It's already December 2023 and I can't believe how quickly this year went by!  So many things have happened since my last post. I am sorry I didn't update my blog sooner.  However, I do want to share my happiness with others so they too can experience it for themselves.  Life is hard for all, such is our condition when we are born in this mortal realm, but there is sometimes beauty in life and it's up to us to find it.

I recently came across a book that made my heart soar: "The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady: by Edith Holden.


It's a beautiful hardcover book with illustration of the English countryside.  It's a reminder of how life used to be slower and how we could easily find beauty in the simple gifts of nature at each season.


If you like plants, flowers and little animals, this book will transport you to a different era in the old English countryside where you can walk in the serene gardens made by Mother Earth.

I don't like the cold and I struggle to find comfort in the winter months but this book has given me another perspective of the dreaded upcoming months.  Book are food for the soul in that regards.  You feast with your eyes but you also walk away with food for thoughts and a greatful heart.

Have a wonderful day dear Readers. I wish you all a peaceful month of December. 


Disclaimer: All opinions are my own. I was not paid nor received gifts to write this or mention any store or website.  


1 comment:

  1. Ah c'est un livre qui date de vraiment longtemps, je me demande s'il n'y aurait pas de traduction déjà mais qui n'est plus disponible. Je chercherai de mon côté!

    ReplyDelete