Sunday, October 26, 2014

Dalicious Challenge 5

Dear Readers,

I just submitted my photo for the Dalicious contest challenge no. 5 for which the theme is cooking!  This was a rather easy topic because there is so much possibilities and I have a lot of food miniature at home so I didn't have to be crafty.

My son suggested to stage a cooking show but I didn't really have the kitchen counters, costumes and background to do this.  So I thought of my doll and created a picture based on her character: Tweety Bird.  As you know, Tweety is not very fond of cats, especially Sylvester who is always chasing her.

So I staged Scout cooking fish and a black cat stealing her food!  I used two Orcara Japanese Food sets: a tabletop grill and fish and a tabletop stove with a soup pot.

The kotatsu (japanese table) and cushions are from Re-ment.   The japanese screens are miniature replica paintings from the Momoyama period.

I Tawt I Taw A Putty Tat! or Why Tweety never liked black cats...



It was fun to do this challenge but I am honesty very glad there is only one challenge left in the contest.  Being able to play with my dolls more often was a good thing but I would like to take photos of my other miniature and dolls as well :)

Hopefully after the last challenge, I will be able to post about them!

Have a great week everybody!

EDIT: You can see the other contestant's photo HERE.



27 comments:

  1. j'adore cette scène ! D'autant que je suis une adepte de la cuisine japonaise (que je savoure avec des baguettes ... Lol !).
    Bises. Joce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Je ne savais pas Joce! Ce n'est pas facile de manger avec des baguettes. Mon fils essaie d'apprendre et il galère hahaha!

      Delete
  2. Oh Jane, this is so adorable! The cat with the fish is hilarious, and your pictures is just amazing! LOVE IT!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Job! And I adore your persistance in completing all the tasks Jane. Very very proud of you. :)
    I really like this scene. I like the look on Tweety when she saw Black Kitty was stealing the fish. I also like the kitty haha it's so cute. I only have several set of Ocara but not this one. This Japanese food set looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you should totally get the Orcara Japanese set! It's really a beautiful set, very close in quality to Re-ment! I like it the most of all my Orcara sets!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous work, Jane Cherie! I love how your scenes are all so evocative! We feel what the dioll is feeling--it's awesome! That naughty cat--tee hee hee! :-D xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! I try to create a scene in which there is more than meets the eyes. I am happy you like my picture!

      Delete
  5. you are doing an AMAZING job! you'd be a wonderful stylist! the details are just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks darling! Coming from a great photographer like you, I take this as the supreme compliment!

      Delete
  6. I love your scene it is so cute and fun.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  7. This scene has to be one of the best yet. How cute is that sushi?! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the miniature food!!! Which reminds me I still have to post about your cakes giveaway! Soon my dear... as soon as I am done with the last challenge!

      Delete
  8. What an adorable photo! I wish I could sit there too and pick some fish :D. It has such a nice exotic athmosphere, so peaceful. Very well done Jane! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I don't have many Japanese props so I did the best I could with the stuff I have! Glad it came out ok!

      Delete
  9. C'est une trés jolie photo ^^ ta puce est adorable avec son kimono ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci ma belle! C'est un yukata de Re-ment (ça fait partie de leur collection d'été je crois). Tu peux encore le trouver sur Ebay pour pas cher!

      Delete
  10. Cette photo est géniale. J'adore tous les petits détails et la tête de Scout qui voit le chat voler son poisson...c'est drôle et tellement bien fait. On se croirait vraiment au Japon! Bravo !!
    J'espère que tu vas continuer à nous faire rêver avec tes belles photos et tes poupettes, même quand le concours sera fini! ;)
    Bonne journée Jane et prend bien soin de toi
    Agnès

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Agnes! Oui oui je compte continuer de photographier mes belles DAL. Je leur ai même donné des petits copains ;-) J'ai en effet acheté 2 autres ISUL que je présenterai sur mon blog bientôt je l'espère.

      Delete
    2. C'est une merveilleuse nouvelle, j'ai hâte de les connaître! :)

      Delete
  11. This is one of my favorites of all your competition photos so far! :D that sushi is just adorable! I'm hungry! :))))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great scene again!! Love the body language of Scout, suits her facial expression and the whole scene! And the cat looks so happy steeling a fish like that =)
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello from Spain: Fabulous Japanese inspired scene. I like your furniture. Great pics. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's amazing what you can create from things you already have on hand ... well done!
    Cheers,
    X

    ReplyDelete