Friday, April 23, 2021

A Review of the Playmobil Hospital

 Dear Readers,

I hesitated getting this Playmobil Hospital because I thought it was too big but is turned out to be one of the most popular with my children among all their toys.

This is the Large Playmobil Hospital (Model 70910) 


The entrance didn't have anything but a blue pot with flowers so I added a welcome desk.


The waiting room is well stocked with magazine, a coffee maker and a vending machine too.


The Emergency Room is full of equipment, including a resuscitation machine which you can light up.  However, the light above the examination bed does not light up.  I added light kits from Playmobil in the corner to brighten the room for the picture. 



On the top floor, there is a bathroom.



The hospital includes two doctors and two patients with beds, blankets, and tons of accessories like heart monitor, infusion unit, medicine chest, etc.



I added a Radiologist Set (70196) which is very cool because you can slide the bed in and out of the X-ray machine.


I added a floor to the hospital to create a children's ward in the middle.


The rooms are not set in stone: the children often change them like adding a kids play area or a cafeteria if they want to.  
 

It can get a bit dark in the bottom floors so I added a lighting system from one of the Playmobil dollhouse.  I know the lamps are very colorful for a hospital but it is so much brighter this way. 


One of the coolest feature of the hospital is the elevator which you can push up and down to access all the floors.



The hospital only comes with two doctors but the others sets I have purchased included many other healthcare workers so the hospital crew is currently a lot bigger (I took the picture below before we got some more figures so there are even more nurses and doctors now).


I am listing below the other Playmobil sets I used to complement the hospital:
  • Doctor and Patient (70079)
  • Radiologist (70196)
  • Children's Hospital Room (70192)
  • Patient in Wheelchair (70193)
  • Children`s Medical Area (6295)
  • Rescue Ambulance (5681)
  • Floor Supplement for Large Hospital (9848)
You can also get a rescue helicopter and helipad but I did not buy them.  Maybe in the future (^_^).

All in all, this is a really wonderful Playmobil set but as usual, it took many hours to build and you would need to buy additional sets if you want to add more play possibilities.  But it was a well-thought hospital with so many realistic accessories and features. 


Disclaimer: All opinions are my own. I was not paid or received gifts to write this or mention any store or website.  



5 comments:

  1. Waouw, il est magnifique. Je rêvais d'en avoir un quand j'étais petite, j'ai eu pas mal de set sur le thème de l'hôpital et le cabinet de dentiste aussi ^_^

    Bon week-end, bisous ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. C'est un jouet bien populaire auprès des enfants (^_^)

      Delete
  2. Wouahh! Mais il est trop beau! Mon fils adorerait! Lui qui aime déjà soigner notre chienne! ^_^
    Merci beaucoup pour cette présentation. Je me suis faite un plaisir de la montrer à mon conjoint qui adore également les Playmobil! 🥰

    ReplyDelete