Thursday, June 27, 2013

Sylvanian Families Canal Boat and Seabreeze Rabbit Family


I like sailor suit and dress in general, either for my kids or for my dolls.  So you know I couldn't pass up a Sylvanian Families all dressed in sailor outfits!!!  I waited for a potential sale but this family is not the kind of item that would go on sale because it's a special edition released to celebrate  the 25th anniversary of Sylvanian Families in the United Kingdom!  So after months of waiting, I decided to go ahead and splurge on this. 

Please meet the Sylvanian Families Celebration Sea Breeze Rabbit Family :)



I took them out of the box right away because I already had a home for them!  The Sylvanian Families Riverside Canal Boat!!!

I found it for sale in the classified ads.  A sweet lady was selling away her children's toys and all I had to do was go pick it up.  I couldn't believe my luck.  The boat actually cost me less than the Rabbit family!  The boat was in perfect condition and it was near complete.  Only one tiny piece was missing: a pole to hang the flower pot, so it wasn't a big deal.

At first I was going to let my Norwood Mouse Family live in the boat because I still remember fondly the Sea Story from Brambly Hedge.   I adore the art and stories by Jill Berklem!  I blogged about her Brambly Hedge stories last year in this post.

But I changed my decision when I saw the Sea Breeze Rabbit family.  Here they are on top of the Rose of Sylvania II.  

The boat reminds me so much of book about Angelina Ballerina's grand-parent's canal boat in Angelina Star of the Show (please do read that book, it's lovely!).


Everybody in my household love the Sylvanian Families canal boat!  My husband, who isn't a huge fans of my toys, even decided to place the boat on a shelf in the living room.  My dolls take turn occupying the boat.  Each day when I come home, I see somebody has changed position ^_^  Every visitor that come into my house can't help but play with them and the boat.

But now it's the turn of the Sea Breeze Rabbits to occupy the boat!  Here are some pictures of the interior.

Daddy stirs the boat while the family eats in the galley.

Mommy cooks in the galley.

Mopping the deck while mommy puts baby to bed.
There is also a bathroom with a toilet and shower.  All the doors and windows open and there are storage space underneath the seats and in the front and back of the deck.  It's really an awesome home for my new Rabbit family!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, wow, what a beautiful new boat home, for that cute Rabbit family !!!
    They look soooo adorable in their lovely sailor outfits :)

    Hugs Mieke xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mieke! I am so in love with their sailor outfits! Too cute to resist :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. The boat is just an awesome toy and it looks so great on display :D

      Delete
  3. These are too cute! have you heard of Calico Critters? My daughter LOVES them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny! Calico Critters are actually the same as Sylvanian Families. They changed the name for the United States only whereas the rest of the world markets the toys under the original name Sylvanian Families. I am still scratching my head over why they did this but oh well, it's good we have an option to buy them here!

      Delete
  4. Kawaiiiii...do you know where I can get the rabbit Sailor set??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply! I just saw your comment today. I bought mine from the Sylvanian Families UK store! But I don't know if they have any left! Good luck! :D

      Delete